The DPS team updated Digital Publishing Solution to release version 2016.1 on Tuesday, January 26. This release includes:
- Layout Renditions. Layout renditions offer design flexibility, allowing you to define different appearances for the same collection on tablets, phones, and the Desktop Web Viewer. With this new feature, it’s now possible to provide the same content for all supported platforms and devices while maintaining design control. When you create a layout template, you can define different layout and card settings for tablets, phones, and the web. The rendition settings for each target device then determines appearance of the browse page based on the target device. Layout renditions are especially useful for projects with 1 top-level collection, but they can also be effective for projects with 2 top-level collections in which you use any of the same collections for both phones and tablets.
- Enhancements to Desktop Web Viewer (beta). With the beta version of the Desktop Web Viewer, you can extend the reach of your app content beyond mobile devices. The web viewer allows everyone in your enterprise to access DPS content through the browser, even users without mobile devices. With this release, the Desktop Web Viewer now supports custom domain URLs, navto links to collections, and layout renditions.
- Bug fixes and UI enhancements. Enhancements include iOS app stability changes and fixes based on crash log analysis, improved paywall UI in iOS apps, and collection download notifications in Android apps.
Adobe’s operations team is currently investigating and working to resolve intermittent failures occurring during upload and content preview requests on our Digital Publishing Suite.
Update: 10:41 am PT – Service has been restored. Marking this situation as resolved.
Update: 9:52 am PT – Service failures have subsided for the last 30 minutes. Ops continues to monitor the situation.
Update: 8:52 am PT – Operations continues to investigate and is monitoring the results of some corrective actions.
iOS apps created or edited with Digital Publishing Suite (DPS 2014) App Builder now support iPv6, meeting Apple’s new requirement. For release details, see Release Notes.
The DPS team updated Digital Publishing Solution (DPS 2015) to release version 2015.8 on Friday, December 18. This release includes:
- Restricted Collections. With Restricted Collections, you can create DPS apps that display only the collections to which users have been granted permission to view. Once users sign in, they can see previously hidden content. This capability allows you to define a content experience that is unique and meaningful to different types or groups of users. For example, a DPS app distributed to your sales organization could show different product content and pitch presentations depending on a user’s sales region or business unit. Similarly, you could distribute an employee communications app that serves up company news based on each employee’s home office.
- Desktop Web Viewer (beta). With the beta version of the Desktop Web Viewer, you can extend the reach of your app content beyond mobile devices. In addition to targeting iOS, Android, and Windows platforms, you can now display content in a Desktop Web Viewer. The web viewer allows everyone in your enterprise to access DPS content, even users without mobile devices. This allows you to leverage your mobile investment to render app content on the web without extra work or infrastructure. The web viewer runs your full DPS app in a desktop web browser, including browse page navigation and fixed-layout or HTML-based articles, and entitlement options. The web viewer team is still addressing bugs with interactive fixed layout content, so the web viewer is currently identified as beta. To enable the Desktop Web Viewer, specify settings in the Apps section of the DPS Portal. Then click the URL link to view your published content in the web viewer when it becomes available. When ready to share with your customers or audience, you can extend the appropriate link via email or web page promotion.
- Mac version of DPS Converter for Acrobat (pre-release). Adobe DPS Converter for Acrobat is an add-on to Adobe Acrobat DC that is now available on both Mac OS and Windows computers. Use the Converter plug-in to easily generate DPS articles from PDF documents created using any authoring method, including Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Illustrator, and AutoCAD. The Adobe DPS Converter for Acrobat will allow you to easily repurpose all of your corporate documents in DPS, even preserving hyperlinks. Now business users who don’t know InDesign or HTML can create content for DPS with just a few clicks. An added advantage of editing capabilities of Acrobat opens up new possibilities for editing workflow solutions when you don’t have the original documents. For details about signing up for the DPS Converter prerelease, please see the Available in Prerelease: Adobe DPS Converter for Acrobat.
- Limit of collection items. In order to optimize performance, a new limit of 450 items (articles, banners, and collections) per collection is now in place.
- Bug fixes and UI enhancements.
-The DPS Team
The DPS team updated Digital Publishing Solution (DPS 2015) to release version 2015.7 on Tuesday, November 24. This release includes:
- Browse Page Authoring Tool. With the Browse Page Authoring Tool, you can accelerate production of layouts, card design, and card content mapping using an intuitive, visual authoring tool. As you make edits, you can specify your own collection to see what the browse page will look like when applied to your content. You can change the target device size, turn on and off a grid, and click a card area to edit settings for that text or image area. You can even rearrange items in the imported collection.
- Improved linking. Create more intuitive navigation in your app with improved linking. Navigating to collections is now supported on all platforms, as is creating custom “back” and “parent” buttons. In addition, you can now create
contextual links to articles within a different collection so that users can swipe horizontally to navigate among articles in the target collection.
- Swipe-down refresh of browse page. Connect your users with the most up-to-date content more quickly with new swipe-down browse page refresh. This functionality is now available for Android apps as well as iOS apps. Instead of navigating to a different view and returning to check for content updates, you can now swipe down on a browse page to refresh it.
- Improved custom font uploading. Fine-tune your branded app experience with easier uploading of custom fonts. The Content & Layouts Dashboard includes a Fonts section. Simply drag the font files into the Add Fonts section, and then choose those fonts from a drop-down list when editing your cards. After you rebuild your app, your custom fonts appear in your cards.
- Drag-and-drop multiple image files when building apps. Speed app building by dragging-and-dropping multiple image files into the Assets section. The correct image sizes are selected automatically for each option.
- Various UI improvements and bug fixes.
Note: With the 2015.7 release, iOS 8.1 is now the minimum OS required for iOS apps instead of iOS 8.0.
-The DPS Team
Users building iOS DPS 2015 applications are advised to download the latest signing tool. The Download Signing Tool option is located in the Apps section of the DPS Portal. This update addresses the “Beta Has Expired” problem that users were encountering.
Please see also the release notes for DPS 2015.
Version 2015.6.1 of the DPS Preflight for iOS is available in the App Store. This version corrects the sign in failures that users were encountering with the update posted on 31 October.
Please note that the app may not immediately appear in the app store, as it can take a few hours to appear.
The DPS team updated Digital Publishing Solution (DPS 2015) to release version 2015.6 on Tuesday, October 27. This release includes:
- Explicit downloading of collections for all three platforms (iOS, Android, Windows). Explicit downloading allows users to tap an icon to download articles in a collection for offline viewing, improving the experience in sales enablement or internal enterprise apps. Previously, explicit downloading was only available for iOS.
- Support for bulk-editing metadata. For example, you can now select multiple articles and apply a keyword or change Article Access settings for all selected articles. This helps accelerate production workflows, including when importing folios to DPS 2015.
- Ability to create navto links from articles to collections, to make navigation more flexible within the app (iOS/Windows). You can now use browse pages and articles to link to collections.
- In iOS apps, the App Menu now appears on every browse page as well as in the article navigation bar, improving navigation in complex apps.
- iOS app users can clear cached and downloaded data from their devices, allowing increased control over device storage.
- The Android DPS Preflight now includes support for landscape orientation.
- Various UI improvements and bug fixes.
-The DPS Team
The 2015.5 release of the Adobe Digital Publishing Solution includes the last update to the InDesign CS6 Digital Publishing Plug-ins. Adobe will no longer develop DPS features or enhancements for InDesign CS6.
Customers who want to take advantage of future DPS features and enhancements in InDesign are encouraged to upgrade to a CC version of InDesign.
Customers can continue to create folios and DPS article files with InDesign CS6 and the 2015.5 version of the Digital Publishing Plug-ins. The plug-ins will continue to be available for download at Adobe.com.
-The DPS Team
The DPS Preflight app is now available for iPad and iPhone. DPS Preflight lets you use rapid, iterative production workflows to preview content frequently before publishing. Download DPS Preflight from the iTunes App Store, sign in, and preview your app structure and content from your projects without having to build a custom app. For details, see Use the DPS Preflight app.
Download the DPS Preflight app by searching for “dps preflight” in iTunes App Store or using this link. The DPS Preflight app is also available in Google Play Store and Windows Store.
-The DPS Team